Short Breaks Fund
Wee Break Midlothian administers Short Break Funds for adult carers and young carers.
You can apply for anything that would give you a break from your caring role, for example equipment to allow you to continue your hobbies or hiring someone to spend time with the person you care for while you go to a class or group.
Please check below to see if you are eligible to apply:
- The person you care for lives in Midlothian and IS NOT in long term care
- Financially you are unable to fund the break yourself (applicants may need to provide a breakdown of household income and expenditure)
- Social Services cannot fund the break
- The break will give YOU time off from your caring role as the main carer for a friend or family member
- You have been referred to VOCAL from a practitioner and discussed how a break will benefit you
More detailed information about the eligibility criteria can be found in the Short Breaks Guidance Notes.
Applications will be considered by a panel on the last Wednesday of every month. Applications must be submitted no later than 4pm on the Monday prior to the panel meeting. If successful, monies will be transferred to you directly within 28 days of the panel meeting and you must submit receipts of how monies were spent within four weeks of your break. Please note we cannot fund breaks which have been booked and paid for prior to panel approval.