Short Breaks Funds
Wee Break Midlothian administer two funds that you may be eligible to apply for to support you to take a break from your caring role.
You can apply for anything that would give you a break from your caring role, for example:
- A shed so YOU can continue your hobbies at home
- Someone to spend time with the person YOU care for while you go to a class or group
- Financial assistance to help YOU set up an activity, break or holiday with friends and/ or family
- Sports equipment to allow YOU to take part in regular activities
VOCAL can only assist carers with application to the above funds if:
- The person YOU care for lives in Midlothian and IS NOT in long term care
- Financially YOU are unable to fund the break yourself
- Social Services cannot fund the break ie: we are unable to fund services that are provided by Midlothian Council and cannot offer financial assistance when the cared for is in residential care
- The break will give YOU time off from your caring role as the main carer for a friend or family member
- YOU have been referred to VOCAL from a practitioner and discussed how a break from your caring role will benefit YOU
All applications are submitted to a panel who meet on the last Wednesday of the month.
If successful monies will be transferred to you directly within 28 days of the panel meeting and you must submit receipts of how monies were spent within four weeks of your break.