News & updates
SCOTSPIRIT DAY TRIPS 2017 - FREE days out for families you work with
Thanks to a partnership with Visit Scotland and the generosity of attractions and transport providers across Scotland we are able to offer a wide range of fun and exciting free day trips for families you work with. Families could visit world famous sites like Edinburgh or Stirling Castles, go on a group trip to Loch Katrine, be inspired at the Glasgow Science Centre, or enjoy a simple day out at the beach.
Who can go on these day trips and when will they take place? These trips are for families who haven’t had a break this year and would be unlikely to afford a day out. Families will be visiting attractions independently so please consider this when selecting families. We can only help families once each.
How many families can I send? As many families as you think would benefit from the offer!
How do I apply? For each family you want to apply for please email us with the following information:
- The family name
- Which attraction they’d like to visit
- When they’d like to go (dates available are from September 16th through to October 31st)
- How many adults and children (under 16) are in the group
- How they plan to travel to the attraction, eg car, train, etc,
- And, if by public transport, the family’s nearest railway station
If you’re registered with us as a referrer you could also login and apply online, here:
The list of attractions we currently have is below.
Tickets will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Aberdeen Science Centre
- Brodick Castle, Arran, via CalMac from Ardrossan
- Bute Bus Tour, Bute, via CalMac from Wemyss Bay
- Dundee Trip; Discovery Point & Verdant Works & Dundee Museum of Transport
- Dunoon Bus Tour, via CalMac from Gourock
- Edinburgh Castle (tickets for 2 adults and up to 6 children)
- Fort Douglas / Dalkeith Country Park
- Glasgow Bus Tour
- Go Ape at three locations – Crathes Castle, Aberfoyle or Peebles (minimum age 10, minimum height 1.4 metres)
- Haggis Adventures – a coach tour from Edinburgh to Stirling Castle (ticket included), the Kelpies and Loch Lomond/the Trossachs. Once you’ve applied we’ll call to discuss dates.
- Haggis Adventures – a couch tour from Edinburgh to St Andrews, with a ticket to St Andrews Aquarium. Once you’ve applied we’ll call to discuss dates.
- Inverness Castle and Dolphin Spirit wildlife boat trip (Historic Environment Scotland and Dolphin Spirit Cruises)
- Loch Ness by Jacobite ferry cruise from Dochgarroch Lock, near Inverness and trip to Inverness Castle viewpoint (max 2 adults / 3 children)
- Mercat Tours and Edinburgh Castle
- Mount Stuart, Bute, via CalMac from Wemyss Bay
- Museum of Flight, East Lothian – has aeroplanes!
- Museum of Rural Life, East Kilbride – has animals!
- National Wallace Monument
- National Trust for Scotland – various locations across Scotland.
- New Lanark Village – a UNESCO world heritage site (2 adults and 3 children)
- North Berwick; Seabird Centre, Swimming and £10 Whynot Café voucher
- Palace of Holyrood House (Family Fun Day on 29th October – no other dates available)
- Robertson Museum and Aquarium, Great Cumbrae, via CalMac from Largs
- Rosslyn Chapel – of Da Vinci code fame (tickets for 2 adults and their children)
- Rothesay Castle, Bute, via CalMac from Wemyss Bay
- SEALIFE Loch Lomond and Bird of Prey Centre Balloch
- Scottish Seabird Centre, North Berwick, and a trip swimming at EnjoyLeisure’s North Berwick Sport Centre (max 4 people)
- St Andrews Aquarium (tickets for 2 adults and 2 children)
- Stirling Castle (tickets for 2 adults and up to 6 children)