Local places to go
1:1 Support (Mental Health) - re:discover
re:discover Befriending Service is for adults who have a diagnosed mental health difficulty.
Health in Mind Befriending Services supports the person you care for to recover a sense of who they are by supporting them to discover / rediscover activities and interests they enjoy and connect with services and activities within their local community.
They will be matched with a volunteer for up to one year.
To be eligible for a befriender, service users should:
- Be isolated as a result of experiencing mental health difficulties
- Be able to meet with a volunteer outside your home (volunteers will never visit you in your home)
- Live in Edinburgh, Midlothian or the Scottish Borders
- Set goals and work towards them
- Be able to make and keep to agreed meetings
- Have the need to develop social skills, self confidence and self esteem