News & updates
Have your say - 'What Matters to You'
Midlothian Voluntary Action and Health in Mind are running a new group in Mayfield and Easthouses, starting on Monday the 8th February 2016. The group will explore issues related to health and well-being, including trust, belonging, happiness, mindfulness, ‘flow’, resilience, self-worth, kindness and gratitude. They will also be looking at themes including health inequalities and poverty. The initial programme will last 6 weeks, but their aim is that the group will continue to work together in the longer term to expand its understanding of specific issues, and possibly to conduct some of its own local research into mental well-being.
- The group will be open to anybody living in Mayfield and Easthouses or the surrounding area. It may be of particular interest to people living with a long term condition, or mental health difficulties.
- Free hot food and tea/coffee will be provided for the first 6 weeks.
- The group will be fun, interesting, creative, friendly, supportive, welcoming and thought provoking.
- It will run every Monday evening from 5.30-8 p.m. (food will be available for the first half hour and the group will start at 6).
- It will be held at the Family Reachout building in Mayfield, on Stone Avenue behind St Lukes/Mayfield Primary schools and the library.
Please spread the word, and if you know anybody who might be interested or would benefit from attending, contact Miriam Leighton on 07936714793 or Emily Steedman on 0131 663 1616.