News & updates
Have your say - Play Strategy
Have your say in a workshop to help the development of a Play Strategy for Midlothian.
The Workshops will look to develop the 6 themes of the Play strategy and come up with a list of actions for the Strategy to include.
Workshops are being facilitated by Theresa Casey and will take place on:
Tuesday 29th September, 4.00 – 6.30 pm
Fairfield House, Dalkeith
- Play Opportunity: How well do play opportunities in the community, such as public space & staffed provision, meet children’s play needs?
- Play Planning: How can we ensure play is integral to Council and community planning structures? Involve children and communities in planning quality play environments
Wednesday 30th September, 10.00am – 12.30 pm
Gorebridge Primary School
- Play for All: All children have a right to play: how should the Play Strategy promote inclusion?
- Play and Risk: How can we ensure there are opportunities for appropriate risk and challenge in children’s play?
Thursday 1st October, 4.00 – 6.30pm
Lasswade Library ( Lasswade High School)
- Play and Learn What should the Play Strategy say about play in schools, nurseries and other settings? How can play and learning together improve children’s life chances?
- Play Aware: Understanding of play, from parents through to the professionals: what is needed to ensure good quality play opportunities?
To book a place contact Laurence McIntosh :
On 0131 271 3695