News & updates
Have your say - consultation on social isolation
Scottish Parliament – Equal Opportunities Inquiry in to age and social isolation
The Equal Opportunities Committee of the Scottish Parliament is seeking written evidence for their Inquiry in to age and social isolation.
Social isolation tend to have negative consequences when it makes a person feel lonely. The committee would like to look further at what can be done by focusing on the causes, effects and ways of combating social isolation in both younger and older people.
Topics of interest include:
- Prevalence of social isolation in urban and rural settings
- Impact of social isolation, e.g. loneliness and health
- Best practice and ideas that could be shared across Scotland
- Ideas for improving and influencing policy
- Awareness raising within communities
Closing Date: 13 March 2015.