News & updates
Dementia Awareness Week 1-7th June
Time for tea – and a talk about dementia:
Dementia Awareness Week, 1-7 June 2015
Having a good blether to someone over a cup of tea is second nature to Scotland. We’ll talk about the weather, the news, family and friends – even setting the world to rights! So when you put your kettle on during the first week in June – which is Dementia Awareness Week in Scotland – Alzheimer Scotland wants you to talk about dementia.
Alzheimer Scotland will be having tea and talk events all over Scotland: from Tea & Blether parties in their centres, to Tea in the Park in the great outdoors. They will also be having a wide range of other awareness-raising and fundraising activities, including information stands in public locations, concerts, takeover days in town centres and supermarkets, plus lighting up some of Scotland’s most famous landmarks in purple – the internationally recognised colour for Alzheimer’s disease.
There are a number of events happening in Mid and East Lothian:
- 30th May – Their Memory Bus is coming to Dunbar! Look out for them between 10am and 4pm.
- 3rd June – Come to their meeting at St. Andrew’s Church on Musselburgh High Street to hear about how they plan to turn Musselburgh Dementia Friendly. The meeting starts at 2.15 and they invite anybody who is interested to take part.
- 4th June – Their Dementia Advisor will be at Fairfield House to deliver Dementia Friends Sessions to care staff and Council staff.
- 6th June – Alzheimer Scotland are taking over Morrisons in Dalkeith. Hop on their Memory Bus or let them help you pack your bags while you buy your raffle tickets for a chance to win tickets to The Open in St. Andrews.
- 7th June – Their Dementia Advisor and Memory Bus will be at Tranent Ross High Field between 10am and 4pm.
- 3rd & 4th of June – Theywill be at Midlothian Community Hospital alongside NHS Lothian, Midlothian council and Vocal to provide help and advice for people living with a diagnosis of dementia and their carers.
For additional information about any of their events during Dementia Awareness week please contact Abby on 07795 316741 or email email@example.com.