We want to ensure our website is easy to use and our content relevant to carers. This sometimes involves placing cookies on your computer or mobile device. The cookies we use cannot be used to identify you personally as no personal information such as name, address, telephone number or email addresses are stored within these cookies.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are simple pieces of data stored on your hard drive. They are safe as they cannot be used to disseminate viruses and they can’t be executed as code. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies used on VOCAL’s website
We will save the following cookies on your computer:
Cookies which gather statistics
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical data about our visitors. We collect this information in a way that does not identify you and the data is not shared with anybody else.
- __utma Keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
- __utmb Records moment in time when a visitor enters a site and expires at the end of the session.
- __utmc Records moment in time when a visitor leaves a site and expires after 30 minutes.
- __utmz Keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on and what keyword was used.
- Web beacon or clear gif – this blank image tells the sender of the email that the recipient has opened the email. Images can be disabled in the email program. In most cases, open tracking isdisabled by default in the email program: you would need to enable images to allow this type of tracking to work
How to opt out
Third party cookies
Our site has a number of pages with embedded videos or other content from a third party. Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device from a third party are not related to vocal.org.uk. VOCAL does not control how a third party uses their cookies.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Please check the following third party websites’ privacy policies: